Podcast Streaming Website & Audio Mastering for Personal Trainer
We worked with Comedy Fitness to develop a hub for their fitness podcasts and information about their training services. By working with Trajectory, Comedy Fitness now:
- Offers a centralized place for users to find their podcasts. We designed a responsive, engaging website with SEO-friendly content and code to draw users to the Comedy Fitness podcast.
- Connects with more than 7,000 social media followers. We integrated the Comedy Fitness social media accounts with their new website to establish and nurture a strong social media following.
- Provides 3 methods for users to tune in to their podcasts. We mixed and mastered the Comedy Fitness podcasts for streaming across platforms like iTunes and SoundCloud as well as their website.
About Comedy Fitness
Comedy Fitness is run by Don Grey, an Atlanta-based personal trainer, comedian, and life coach. He studied exercise science and video production in school and, after graduating, he worked as a personal trainer for celebrities such as Chuck Woolery, Kirk Franklin, and Macy Gray. During this time, he began doing open mic performances in Hollywood and joined the Screen Actors Guild, landing acting roles on Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Spy TV.
When he moved to Atlanta, Don worked on shows and continued studying fitness. He won the Silver Nails Award for comedy, created a “Tae Stick” (kickboxing and Escrima stick fighting) fitness class, and was invited to speak on Oprah, The View, and Good Morning America.
Don’s podcast, Comedy Fitness, offers free, real-world advice for listeners to get fit. Don recruits celebrities and comedians to talk about healthy lifestyles and workouts, and special podcasts feature workout routines the listener can complete in real time. The goal of Comedy Fitness is to show listeners how healthy living can be fun and attainable.
Prior to working with Trajectory, Comedy Fitness faced three main challenges in their web design needs:
- Lack of awareness for their podcasts. Without a website to rank in search results or direct users to, Comedy Fitness mostly relied on word-of-mouth to promote their podcast series. With Don’s solid reputation, this was enough to garner some attention, but he knew a website could give them unmatched growth opportunities.
- Lack of engagement with their social media accounts. A professional website was the missing piece to tie all of Comedy Fitness’ online channels together. His social media engagement was limited to organic growth through Don’s personal accounts and he wanted to provide a clear place for users to connect with Comedy Fitness.
- Lack of options for their listeners to tune in. Don wanted to provide various methods for users to listen to the podcast and didn’t want to limit users to downloadable MP3 files. He knew his target audience was active on iTunes and SoundCloud but didn’t have the means to master his audio files for those formats.
Comedy Fitness had the potential to be a genuinely engaging, humorous, and helpful resource for people interested in living a healthier lifestyle, but Don was missing out on key opportunities for finding and connecting with those users.
How Trajectory Helped
We were committed to helping Comedy Fitness overcome these challenges, and we followed a strategic approach to make this happen:
1. We designed an SEO-friendly website to attract listeners. In addition to designing an aesthetically pleasing website, we included a full content strategy and hand-written, clean code throughout. By following web design best practices in all areas, we created a website with strong search rankings to attract new listeners to the podcast.
2. We integrated their social media accounts with their website. We added links to the Comedy Fitness social media accounts to the website, making it easy for users to connect with Don Grey while listening to the podcasts and for him to generate interest in upcoming podcast episodes.
3. We mixed and mastered their podcasts to suit a variety of formats. We took the podcast audio files and mixed and mastered them into formats suited for their website, iTunes, and SoundCloud. We included links to the iTunes and SoundCloud pages with the social media links, giving users all the tools they need to listen in their preferred format.
We’d love to work with you
We love helping business owners solve complex web problems, create incredible websites, and make a meaningful impact in their customers’ lives. If you’d love to work with us, too, drop us a line. We’re looking forward to getting started.